Sunday, October 12, 2014

Retail Therapy

I went over the deep end after my disappointing morning and weekend.  I had some jewelry I needed to work on but ended up feeling sorry for myself to the point of lying on the couch during my daughters' nap and then permitting myself to two of my vices...procrastinating and shopping.  When the girls woke up we headed out to Best Buy in Arrowhead where I purchased a Zagg universal keyboard for my Asus VivoTab Note 8.  I really like it.  It makes my tiny tablet into a tiny laptop.  So even though I feel lazy and gluttonous and irresponsible for the things I didn't do today, I feel better than I did this morning.  I think if I had done everything I should have done today (jewelry, folding clothes, staying home) I think I'd feel pretty crappy right now.  Instead I feel like I reset my attitude.  Definitely not the healthiest coping skill, but I'm going to bed now and I'm not feeling like I regret the way I spent my day...and that's not bad, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment