Saturday, October 4, 2014

Boring

This is such a rare feeling for me, not because my life is so interesting, but because I almost never have a moment where there's nothing I need or want to be doing.  I literally just sat here on the couch for several minutes staring at the carpet and thinking "what should I do? I'm so bored".  But I love the feeling, so maybe it doesn't really count as boredom.  My day so far (which has been delightful) has consisted of getting up around 6:30 (my older daughter was today's wake up call), nursing my younger daughter, making a spinach/banana/mixed berry/greek yogurt smoothie, getting into workout clothes, running with my girls in the stroller to the post office, running back but taking a slightly longer detour, then showering and bathing the 4 year old and heading out for groceries.  They've both had lunch and are now nearing the end of their naps.  Any second now I should hear one of them.  I tried taking a nap, and I think I may have fallen asleep at some point, then I got up and sat on the couch...looked through facebook on my phone for about 30 minutes and here I am.  And I'm pretty damn bored.

The rest of the day:  Get the girls in my husband's truck, since I haven't driven it since he left a week and a half ago, I need to make sure it still works.  Drive to Ross?  Look for shoes there?  Maybe some kid/baby clothes?  Get home and get them back in the jogging stroller for a leisurely walk to Albertson's, Red China Cafe and the ice cream store, not at all in that order.  I have to remember to feed my 4 year old dinner first because the ice cream stop is for her.  The Albertson's stop is for me (beer, a movie and maybe a jar of nutella).  And chinese for dinner for me.  Even though I'm walking there and I ran about 3.5 miles this morning (SLOWLY...and this is really one of those times where I should just say I "jogged" because a lot of the time I was stopping to shift the damn stroller so I could turn on the sidewalks at intersections...why can't they just put the ramps straight??), I know I'm still splurging a little too excessively.  Whatever.

Goodness, it's almost 4 pm and they're still both napping.  The 4 year old fell asleep at around 1:30 so I should just go wake her up.  But it's so darn nice having such a quiet house.  And they'll both be up a little later due to our outing for ice cream (and beer and chinese food...can you tell I'm excited?).

I guess I don't have anything more to write about...I should probably go find something else to do now...

...not sure what.

No comments:

Post a Comment