Monday, September 15, 2014

Busy, busy, busy busy busy busy...

I have presents to wrap for my daughter's 4th birthday, floors to vacuum and mop, work to do, jewelry to make, bags to pack, exercise to be had, laundry to fold, and many more things that I can't even remember at the moment.  To sum it up, I'm stressed out.  I need to do some yoga tonight.  There's a chance I won't stop doing things until Thursday morning when I finally get to sit in a car for 5 hours driving to California.  Hopefully my husband drives.

So even after writing all the things down that I have to do (and forgetting countless others), I don't really mind it.  I can't procrastinate on anything anymore, so I know that on Thursday morning, those things I have to do will all be done (I hope...unless I screw up something with the jewelry).  All I can control is what I'm able to accomplish in the limited amount of time between now and then, and if something takes longer, so be it.  I'm not losing sleep over any of it yet.

Next week, my husband goes out of town for a whole month and I'm left to manage the house, two daughters, dog, and my full time job.  Hence my urgency to get a good double-kid jogging stroller up and running.  I'm trying to consider the pros and the cons of being a single parent for four weeks.  My husband does all the cooking and dishes, so I already feel bad for my 4 year old's nutrition level for the days where I give up and offer her something I microwaved from the freezer.

Jewelry is probably the one thing on my to do list that makes me feel overwhelmed.  I am working on a larger order and waiting for a package to come that isn't expected to be delivered until tomorrow...I need that package to finish the order, so if the pieces don't fire correctly tomorrow night I'll have to remake them in haste on Wednesday and try again Wednesday night.  That will suck.

But I can't control everything.  Hopefully things will work out but it's not the end of the world if they don't, right?

Back to the lists...

No comments:

Post a Comment