Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year! 2015 is going to be good.

I'm feeling all sorts of positive lately.  NaNoWriMo really has to get the credit.  I've always wanted to dedicate time to writing so for the three decades or so of my life that I wasn't writing consistently, I always had a vague regretful feeling on a day to day basis.  Like I was always neglecting some very necessary task.  But for the past two months, I've been able to sit back and relax, knowing that I've been diligently working on my second book and looking forward to all the possibilities that come with this new writing lifestyle.

So now every other task in my life is done with a more positive attitude.  Going for a 4 mile run today, playing with my daughters, watching a movie with my husband, online window shopping for a new tablet (that's sort of a disgusting obsession, but whatever), watching episodes endlessly on Netflix, cleaning, all done with a brighter smile on my face.  Because even if I suck, even if I'm writing things that will never be read by anyone other than me and the very sweet friends and family that offer (I should probably get them presents), at least it's fulfilling and it's something I feel passionately about.

So here's to the New Year and the possibilities that come along with it.  I plan to get started on my first short story sometime today.

I currently want the HP Stream 7...by the way...because it's only $99 and has full Windows.  It's a disgusting obsession that deserves that description twice in one blog post, but I can't get enough of these handy portable devices.



Oh, and I really want the Fitbit Surge.  That's something that will really happen, sometime soon, I hope.  It measures heart rate 24 hours, even during exercise, it has GPS, measures distance all day, comes from one of the best current fitness companies, even gives messages (I just reread that and thought I wrote 'massages', which would certainly make it the best-selling device of any kind of all time).


So in my defense, I didn't get much of anything for Christmas (a shower radio after the old one broke...okay, okay, so it's also a bluetooth speaker, but it was cheap).

Now that I've gotten everything off my mind, I'll go back to watching Gilmore Girls and deciding how to plan out my first story of the year.  Two more days off of work....this break sure is going fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment