Thursday, December 18, 2014

I Have the Best Boss

We had our semi-annual staff retreat today and we accomplished a lot in a short amount of time, then we were all given gift cards and told to leave for the day, no more working.  So at noon, my carpooling buddy and I left and I took my gift card and just spent the past two hours splurging on boots and jeans.  I needed the jeans, I did not need the boots.  I love having money to burn...and that was part of the deal of the gift card, she told us we had to spend it on ourselves.  So now I'm at Barnes N Noble...my favorite place to be when I'm alone.  When I'm done here, I'm going back out shopping a little more, spending gift cards from my husband's family (thanks guys!).  So today is like my Christmas morning, since us adults typically don't have much going on as far as gifts under the tree.  They wouldn't fit next to Jane's and Abby's.  They were spoiled this year.

Also, I ran 5 miles last night, randomly.  I forced myself to go out for the run but didn't have a set amount of miles in mind, and for me, 5 miles is definitely a rare (and far) distance.  The furthest I've ever run is 6 miles, one time, there's a blog post about it in my history here but I'm too disorganized to go find it.  I don't think I've run over 4.5 miles more than a few times ever, like, in my life.  So I'm really impressed with the fact that I can just randomly decide while I'm running that I want to go further, and that I am capable of running for that long and that far without stopping to walk.  I never thought I'd be able to do that.  It's awesome.

Afterward (since the girls were already in bed and the husband was almost ready for bed), I curled up on the couch with tea and a new book.  It was a great night.

Now I'll finish up my lunch and head back out for more shopping :)

Damn, I love the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment