Monday, January 5, 2015

Back to the Grind

I'm so sad that the long and much needed break from work has ended.  I worked from home today, but it was one of those days where I work nonstop and don't eat lunch until 2.  It sucked.  I'm already exhausted and I haven't even gone into the office yet.  If I think too much about work, I start getting stressed out and I can literally feel my blood pressure rising.  That sucks too.  So I'm going to stop here with talking about work and move on to all the things I have going on in my personal life.

I started a shortened version of the Whole30 today.  Only 7 days this time around.  I had to have gained at least 7 pounds over the holidays...and it's not the weight I care about (not really)...it's the fact that for the past several weeks, my diet has consisted of sugar, salt and alcohol.  So I'm hoping to get back on track.

Shockingly, I did all the things I wanted to last night.  Tonight is going to be tougher, I've had a super productive day and these types of days usually end in the kind of nights where I make an effort not to do anything else.

And the last topic of the night..I've started reading to my 4 year old before bed again...but we're trying big girl books this time.  She received the Ramona series from my sister for Christmas and we're well on our way to finishing the first one.  She half loves the experience and half hates it.  I hope it swings more permanently to the love half soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment