Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Ear Infection

I've been feeling so unmotivated the past few days.  My newly turned one-year-old, who is currently crying again in her bedroom, is probably the culprit.  I've done everything...just short of dressing up like a princess from a Disney movie and taking singing lessons to provide her with more soothing lullabies...to try to calm her down over past few days.  I didn't find out until today that she has an ear infection.  The cough, runny nose and fever all eluded me into believing she just had a bad cold but when the symptoms were almost all gone and the crankiness worsened today, I finally took her to the doctor.  She's had two doses of antibiotics, so I hope she'll feel better by the morning, considering her body has never been exposed to the beauty of modern medicine and its ability to attack all that bad (and good) bacteria.  It hasn't had a chance yet to build up a resistance.

Knock...on...wood...but she seems to have fallen back to sleep (knock on wood).

So I want to want to read and write, but I just don't want to.  And all I want to do is watch Gilmore Girls and go to bed.  I'm not sick, but the fact that I haven't had a full night's sleep since Sunday...Saturday? I don't even remember...it's just a real motivation killer.  I don't even have the motivation to finish this blog post.

At least there's a national holiday coming up.  I sure hope the motivation comes back for that.

Oh damn...she's crying again.  This is the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment